So you’ve finally convinced the super banging girl of your dreams to go on a date with you, maybe she’s not even the girl of your dreams yet but top 10 in your 60 matches on Tinder. So how do you nail that first date? Read on…
1. Have a list of restaurants/ cafes/ places to take her. If she says she’s not picky, it means she wants you to make the decision. There’s something sexy about a guy who can make decisions because this girl is probably making decisions all day in her own life and her job. It’s nice for someone to take the weight off once in a while.
2. Don’t be late – If you’re prone to being late to things then aim to be early. If you think it’ll come off as cool and nonchalant rocking up late, it’s not. This girl has taken time out of her busy schedule to meet you so don’t waste it, she’s organised and she’ll feel respected if you arrive early/ on time. First impressions count!
3. She’ll like it more if you book a table instead of just rocking up to a venue and hoping they have a spot & waiting around for 30 minutes. It shows you’re organised & thoughtful. Obviously coffee or lunch would be a different situation.
4. Don’t mention how much you’ve stalked her on social – you might think it’s cute and endearing and she’ll love the attention but it kind of just comes across as creepy. (Even though she’s probably done the same to you.)
5. Stay off your phone – There’s nothing more rude than someone texting or checking their phone while at dinner. Not even on a first date but any date, even friend dates.
6. Eye contact and lots of questions – I know how hard it must be not to let your eyes slip and go south of the lips “but she’s wearing that low cut top, obviously she wants me to look?!” No, she doesn’t. You look like a creep.
7. Pay – Maybe I’m old school but there’s something chivalrous about a guy who doesn’t expect you to pay for half the meal… unless of course the date sucked! Girls love guys who are generous.
8. Walk or drive her home – this shows you want to end the date on a good note, that you care if she gets home safely and you want to spend those extra few minutes with her.
9. Don’t ask to go back to her place – that’s also just creepy, unless she suggests it, then do not bring it up.
10. Kiss her – Don’t be a pussy. This is where the fireworks happen! Unless the date was a failure and there was no chemistry, then don’t kiss her, or unless you met up for coffee and its midday then yeah don’t kiss her in broad daylight – that will be awkward and there will be people around. No to PDA!
11. Text her by lunchtime the next day – if you text her that night you run the risk of looking too keen and desperate, keep her interested, but five days or even 24 hours is too long. She wants to know you really like her and that you’ve been thinking about her.
Good luck, guys and happy dating!
Photography by Laurie