Everytime I post a blog about Triangl Bikinis I get a lot of readers because I think they want to know my opinion on the style. These ones are gorgeous – the blue is VERY brilliant and looks amazing on, if you’re not a super bright bikini wearer this is probably not for you, but if you are… you’ll love these!
The fit is always amazing, I’m wearing a medium in bottoms and small in the top. The cheeky cut bottom is soo much better (imo) than the full coverage but I guess it’s all dependant on your personal style! I’ve noticed they have now high cut bikini bottoms so I definitely need to get myself a pair of them because those styles/ cuts suit me better than straight across the hips styles like these… I have wide hips! Let me know if you want me to get a pair of those to review.
Ultimately, for the price of bikinis these days… $97 is worth it… I don’t see the fabric or quality of this bikini getting ruined anytime soon and there’s so much good support and it’s super flattering.
It’s not a secret that I’m a sucker for a little bikini and I loved this tangerine/ coral number from Beginning boutique. The tiny straps are perfect for tanning (not that my fake tan isn’t enough). Also, because it’s creeping into winter I’m not actually going into the water, instead I’m also faking that and spraying my locks with sea salt spray! Something I do daily whether the beach is involved or not to add texture to my naturally straight hair.
If you’re not huge on the beach because as soon as your toes hit the sand and your kaftan has to come off you suddenly think 1000 pairs of eyes are on you, you suddenly feel a pang of insecurities, you think everyone is laughing at your flaws but the truth is they’re most likely not & probably just as concerned about theirs too.
I’m gonna give you practical tips on how to feel body confident at the beach!
1. Fake tan – Yes, all of these are going to sound superficial, but this is a superficial issue we all have in our heads. It’s proven that darker colours, eg when you wear black makes you look slimmer than when you wear white. So a nice, natural looking tan will make you instantly slimmer.
2. Find a bikini that suits your body type – Sometimes halter bikinis aren’t the most flattering when it comes to girls with wide shoulders, just the same as hipster bikini pants aren’t the best for girls with wide hips. It’s a matter of going into stores and trying on bikinis that flatter your shape & accentuate the good parts. And if you’re buying online make sure there’s a good return policy!
3. Work out – This one’s simple, how can you expect to have a Victoria’s secret model bod if you’re not going to put in the hours of training? I know exercising isn’t for everybody but it’s about finding the work out that you enjoy and can do regularly without hating it the whole time.
4. Get a sunscreen that won’t make you white -Invest in a sunscreen that not only is high SPF but actually absorbs into your skin and doesn’t turn you pastey white. I’ve tried out a lot and the Dermalogical Sunscreen is AMAZING as well as the Cancer Council Sunscreen.
5. Make healthy lifestyle choices – I never ‘diet’ and I never will. I’m a foodie and I enjoy all the food I eat, I add the sauce I want to make a meal tasty and eat all the pork cracking I want. But more often than not I am passing up on the fried chicken and opting for boiled or bbq. I only have my roast pork cracking if it’s on a bed of salad, I avoid pastries and replace it with dark chocolate or fruit. I LOVE potato chips and if I crave it to be honest I’ll get a packet, but I don’t have the whole thing in one sitting. It’s about portion control. So don’t stop yourself eating what you want to because it’ll drive you crazy & into a binge but instead eat what you like in moderation and swap of foods that will satisfy your high sugar cravings.
6. Don’t eat a huge meal the night before you go to the beach – I never have and never will skip a meal but I will often ask my friends “Can we eat healthy tonight?”. And if you have supportive friends they’ll agree and would probably be open to eating healthy themselves.
7. Own it – Being confident is 90% phycological (Ok I made up that statistic) but really, you just need to think positive about yourself. Smile, have good posture and wear big ass sunglasses so you can see everyone that’s staring at you – because chances are they’re looking because you’re a FOX!
I’ve been all about basic swimwear so far this year, nothing with too many bells and whistles and this LBB (little black bikini) is the perfect size, shape and style for tanning and swimming. Here’s to the end of 2015! I hope you’ve all had a fantastic year, and I hope the next is only onwards and upwards!
There’s nothing better than supporting our home grown talent. Mimi Elashiry put this collection together with Glue Store and it’s super. freaking. cute. Make sure you check it out before Summer hits & they’re all gone.
As summer is closing I’m taking all opportunities to get myself into the sun. I’m ready for winter, but I’m kind of not ready for that cold shudder when you get out of the shower or out of bed. It’s even suppose to be raining all this week to get us into the mood. But let’s not dwell on that.
In this look I’m wearing one-piece bikini from Talulah & sunnies I received from Seduce in their blogger goodie bag for their Winter range showings #soblessed
Bondi based clothing & swim designer, Andy Cameron released these fantastic photo printed bikinis. Inspired by all things Latino, he often travels to Central America and Mexico for ‘photographic expeditions’ not a bad gig if you ask me! He then prints them onto nylon and makes sexy wearable art.
I always love bandeaus as the don’t give nasty string tan lines and high rise because they always make your legs look loooonnnggerrr, it also captures that gorgeous 50s swim feel. See more swimwear here from Muchacho.
A short snap shot into last week’s heatwave. It was 4pm and I was sweating my balls off. Nonetheless thanks to Sydney’s overabundance of water holes, bays, pools and beaches I was good to go for a swim.
This colourful bikini set from Sunseeker is AH-MAY-ZING if you’re looking for a bikini with ultimate push (if you know what I mean). I also love this print, so bright and tropical. You can’t really fault a cut like this, it suits any body type.
God Bless daylight savings, I don’t really care much for the getting up earlier part as I’m not a natural riser, but damn I love leaving work while there’s still daylight & feeling like you can still do stuff, even if you don’t actually do stuff. I feel like I’ve come out of hibernation, even though we didn’t even have a real winter.
To celebrate the extra hours of light this year I took out my new floral and lace MINKPINK bikini with matching shorts, so cute! sunnies also from MINKPINK.