I love roses, I love mom jeans and I love embroidered denim… so these jeans scream ‘me’ right now haha. I put these epic mom jeans together with my 90′s inspired double crop top duo, a crushed velvet cami over a white fitted tee. Layered over that is a velvet necklace with crystal from Samantha Wills. To keep it summer and basic I had chucked on my favourite slides of the season and signature round sunnies. There’s no better way than getting good use out of basics by layering them and putting them with denim.
Hi Guys, just thought I’d update you on what’s going on in my life: this week is particualry stressful. On the weekend I was too excited to gram and walked into the ocean without looking where I was going and walked onto a rock covered in oysters so I really did a number on my foot and am now hobbling my life away like a 87 y/o grandma. I’m dumb, lesson learnt.
This was a great week for that to happen as I’m moving out of my apartment that I’ve been in for over four years right before I’m going to Bali for two weeks. So needless to say I’m going to be on my feet for the next 3 weeks! Yay for me. Yay for not healing.
The next few days will be full of packing, packing, shooting, packing and moving and unpacking and packing and then flying. I’m usually quite into going to the gym right before I have a tropical getaway however I don’t think I’ll be able to be on my feet for much more of the day so I don’t know how that’s going to pan out…
Despite all of this I’ve realised I have so many amazing friends in my life who have volunteered to help a little ‘ol me pack up, move, drive and just be there for moral as well as physical support. Makes me so happy
So here’s to you guys! *raises non-alcholic glass of something because I’m not drinking right now since I can’t go to the gym and work out*
It’s easy to jazz up a simple, casual outfit like a shirt and denim jacket. What I’ve done is pulled up the collar, cuffed up with jacket sleeves twice, pushed the sleeves up a little and tugged out the chambray shirt from underneath. Note* I didn’t roll the chambray shirt cuff up. This is to avoid too much bulkiness. I didn’t want the shirt to be fully tucked in because it looked too top heavy with the oversized ‘boyfriend’ jacket so I did a half tuck with one half of the shirt which frames and separates the black jacket and denim shorts nicely. Add little black boots and hey you’ve got a simple, casual outfit that anyone can pull off!
There’s nothing cosier than a fleecy pullover in winter. Working from home I live in them everyday & why wouldn’t I stock on on something I wear 7 days a week! hahah
Just checking in on this weekend edit and giving you the low-down on what’s been happening. I’ve officially moved into full time blogging (yay!) as well as creating content and still designing freelance. I set up a cute studio in my home (apartment) and despite all the extra hours I’m getting to work on the blog I still find myself working 7 days a week. How?? I guess the reality with blogging is that social media never turns off so you can’t either.
I do occasionally let myself have social media detox days where I don’t post or check instagram or any outlet I can’t be bothered with as it just de-stresses me and clears my head. Something that everyone who’s addicted to social media should do every so often.
I love mixing pastels into the winter mix, if you’re not overly sold on baby pink or lavender than blue/ grey is a fantastic alternative. The colour of these blue grey boots are perfect for the knit and coat. I just added the softness of the pink shorts instead of using black or denim and then added the white collar to prep up the look. I didn’t want the shorts to look too out of place so I wore these cute, rose tinted sunnies… a wardrobe staple is you ask me.
If you saw my snapchat last week I mentioned I had been a little MIA because I was stressed & overwhelmed with life. It wasn’t a cry for attention more than me wanting to let everyone know the reality of things for me in the last week because sometimes our fave celebrities & bloggers put out all of the amazing parts of their life on social media but you never really see their insecurities or personal issues, we’re all human after all.
So in light of this I had to get out of the city and clear my head. We shot this look literally at the edge of the world. This is my fave new outfit, the heaviness in this leather jacket is amazing, and paired with these boots it’s so lit! Under it I’m wearing a basic jersey tee and shorts which was a colour match made in heaven because it looks like a cute romper.
If you’re not huge on the beach because as soon as your toes hit the sand and your kaftan has to come off you suddenly think 1000 pairs of eyes are on you, you suddenly feel a pang of insecurities, you think everyone is laughing at your flaws but the truth is they’re most likely not & probably just as concerned about theirs too.
I’m gonna give you practical tips on how to feel body confident at the beach!
1. Fake tan – Yes, all of these are going to sound superficial, but this is a superficial issue we all have in our heads. It’s proven that darker colours, eg when you wear black makes you look slimmer than when you wear white. So a nice, natural looking tan will make you instantly slimmer.
2. Find a bikini that suits your body type – Sometimes halter bikinis aren’t the most flattering when it comes to girls with wide shoulders, just the same as hipster bikini pants aren’t the best for girls with wide hips. It’s a matter of going into stores and trying on bikinis that flatter your shape & accentuate the good parts. And if you’re buying online make sure there’s a good return policy!
3. Work out – This one’s simple, how can you expect to have a Victoria’s secret model bod if you’re not going to put in the hours of training? I know exercising isn’t for everybody but it’s about finding the work out that you enjoy and can do regularly without hating it the whole time.
4. Get a sunscreen that won’t make you white -Invest in a sunscreen that not only is high SPF but actually absorbs into your skin and doesn’t turn you pastey white. I’ve tried out a lot and the Dermalogical Sunscreen is AMAZING as well as the Cancer Council Sunscreen.
5. Make healthy lifestyle choices – I never ‘diet’ and I never will. I’m a foodie and I enjoy all the food I eat, I add the sauce I want to make a meal tasty and eat all the pork cracking I want. But more often than not I am passing up on the fried chicken and opting for boiled or bbq. I only have my roast pork cracking if it’s on a bed of salad, I avoid pastries and replace it with dark chocolate or fruit. I LOVE potato chips and if I crave it to be honest I’ll get a packet, but I don’t have the whole thing in one sitting. It’s about portion control. So don’t stop yourself eating what you want to because it’ll drive you crazy & into a binge but instead eat what you like in moderation and swap of foods that will satisfy your high sugar cravings.
6. Don’t eat a huge meal the night before you go to the beach – I never have and never will skip a meal but I will often ask my friends “Can we eat healthy tonight?”. And if you have supportive friends they’ll agree and would probably be open to eating healthy themselves.
7. Own it – Being confident is 90% phycological (Ok I made up that statistic) but really, you just need to think positive about yourself. Smile, have good posture and wear big ass sunglasses so you can see everyone that’s staring at you – because chances are they’re looking because you’re a FOX!
It’s no secret that I’m a little bit of a foodie. I enjoy a meal out here or there, everywhere, everyday. So I went and checked out Grandma’s in Rosebery for something different with my also foodie fashion blogger friend, Laurie. Their homestyle cooking menu is just what we needed. Especially as I’m not one to cook a hearty meal for myself at home, ever. But I’m sure one day when I’m forced to cook for myself, and maybe even a family, I’ll be looking at Grandma’s menu for inspiration! But until that day I’ll just pop this little gem on the eating list.
In this post I’m wearing a little crop top and short number from Keepsake paired back with a BCBG Max Azria vest, white booties, white sunnies and top knot. Just to keep it chill and cheerful.
With Sydney being a casual 30 degrees all day everyday I’m also keeping it super casual in my Calvins. There’s nothing more go to than a good pair of denim cut offs, a tee, and a coincidentally matching crop top with the best pair of sneakers to kick it around in.
Hope you’re keeping cool – I think I’ll be heading out for a swim now!
I’m in that internal battle of all these cute Autumn clothes coming out like long sleeve tops and boots but I’m still holding onto summer clothes, like these denim cut offs. I can’t let go of summer! Is it obvious? That being said – it is about 30 degrees everyday and the thought of putting on jeans is physically painful because of the humidity, imagine pulling denim over sweaty legs – real life issues here, my friends. Why even are winter clothes even in stores? Can everyone please just stop and wait for the cold weather to catch up please? LOL